Stay safe and keep your community safe
Facts about the novel coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid_19)
- A respiratory disease that is spreading across the world.
- Germs can easily spread through coughing, sneezing, or talking; touching your face with unwashed hands after touching contaminated surfaces or objects; touching surfaces or objects that may be frequently touched by other people.
- Takes from 2-14 days for an infected person to show symptoms of the disease, which include fever, cough, headache, sore throat, shortness of breath and muscle pain.
- Can only be diagnosed and confirmed through a laboratory test.
- Currently there is no medicine or vaccine against COVID-19. However, patients are treated based on the presenting symptoms.
What you should do:
- Clean your hands regularly.
- Wash your hands with soap and running water and dry them thoroughly.
- Use alcohol-based handrub if you don’t have immediate access to soap and water.
- Avoid direct contact with anyone that has flu-like symptoms, coughing, sneezing.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth.
- When coughing or sneezing, cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow and immediately wash your hands.
- Avoid crowded places by observing a distance of at least 1.5m from other people.
- Wear a mask.
- Dispose immediately single-use mask or when it becomes wet.
- A person presenting any of the symptoms above should seek immediate medical attention at the nearest medical facility.
- Stay at home and avoid crowds.
- Ensure you take the necessary precautions. For more information on Covid-19 contact the nearest medical facility.